Yes, you can definitely eat fast food if you workout but make sure that your choice is healthy, fulfills nutritional requirements, contains natural flavors, and sauces, and has all the other food quality attributes like correct labeling with the ingredients, nutritional information, and supplier/manufacturer details.
Also, make sure that you are not overeating it or stuffing it with extra toppings etc because then it will become unhealthy.
Benefits Of Eating Fast Food If You Workout
Listed below are the benefits of eating fast food if you workout:
1. Eating Fast Food Is Convenient
If you’re trying to get in your workouts and you don’t have the time to go home and cook, it’s good to know there are plenty of fast-food places open very late.
They have plenty of healthy options available. You can get yourself a salad from places like Panera, or you can try something like a southwestern salad from Chipotle.
Fast-food restaurants are also great for when you’re traveling and you don’t have access to a kitchen to prepare meals.
2. Fast Foods Are Tastier
Fast food tastes and smells better than usual food. For that reason, it is more enjoyable to eat and as a result, can elevate your mood and make you happier.
Workouts are exhausting, and eating food afterward that is tastier will give you double happiness:
- the happiness that you worked out, and
- you enjoyed the food afterward.
How To Make Fast Food Work For You After Workout?
Apply the tips below to make sure that the fast food of your choice is healthy after a workout:
- Know what’s in your food: Read the nutrition facts at the restaurant or on the internet, and look for items that have fewer calories and less fat.
- Limit your portion size: The “all you can eat” mentality often leads to overeating.
- Don’t skip the side dish: Most fast-food restaurants have healthy options for sides, like veggies or baked potato, or fries.
- Choose water to drink: Soda and other sugary drinks add extra calories to your meal.
- Be mindful of your food choices: Even though you’re being healthy and you’re eating healthy fast food, you’re still not supposed to overeat otherwise you’ll gain weight.
Why Some Fast Foods Are Bad If You Workout?
Some fast foods are bad if you workout because they either don’t fulfill the nutritional requirements or they have too many calories that can’t be burnt with any amount of workout.
There is a high chance of additives being used in those fast foods. They enhance the flavor, appearance, and texture of food, or extend its shelf life, but most of them are not good for health.
They make the food tasty but will make you feel sluggish and tired after eating them.
If You Workout Every Day Does It Matter What You Eat?
Yes, if you workout every day it will still matter what you eat because take an example of weight loss. According to Dr. Eric Berg in a short video below, exercise only helps you 15% in weight loss, the rest of 85% is dependent on diet, sleep, rest, and recovery.
What Makes Fast Food Bad?
Fast food is typically bad because it is high in calories, fat, and sodium, and low in nutrients such as protein, vitamins, and minerals. Fast food is often made with processed, pre-packaged ingredients, and may be fried or loaded with added sugar and unhealthy fats.
Basically, there are 11 things that make fast food bad:
- Lack of necessary Post Workout Nutrition
- Lack of Protein
- Too much Fat
- Lack of Fiber
- Artificial Ingredients
- High calories
- High Sodium
- High Sugar
- Lack of Calcium and Iron
- Served in large portions
Check out the details of why these 11 traits make fast food bad here.
- What Happens if you Eat Unhealthily but Exercise?: In this article, we have discussed 6 things that are bound to happen if you eat unhealthily but exercise.
- Does Eating Junk Food After A Workout Ruin It?: It sure does! In this article, we have discussed 5 ways eating junk food after a workout ruins it.
- Other Convenient Places To Eat After Workout: Fast food is not the only convenient and tasty option. There are places like Delis, Food Trucks, Restaurants, and Markets where you can enjoy a meal after a workout. This article has listed them all.
- 5 Reasons why you Crave Junk Food after Working Out?: It’s no secret that working out can leave you feeling extremely hungry, but why do you crave junk food after working out? Basically, the reasons are more than one, that’s why we have answered them in this separate article.